MX Single Phase Electronic Valve Actuator
The single-phase MX electronic valve actuator offers greater reliability by leveraging BLDC motor and control technology that was part of the QX non-intrusive, quarter-turn actuator.
Promotes lower total cost of ownership at the asset level as it allows customers to connect to any and all single-phase ACV busses without changing the motor.
Delivers durable functionality and precision control in critical applications where process and control valves modulate up to 1800 starts per hour.
Target markets for single phase MXa – Single phase ACV power sources are located around the globe. In fact, the most available primary electrical power source is single phase ACV. For heavy-duty electric actuators (actuators that can provide electro-mechanical or electronic means of producing torques greater than 1500 inch/pounds or 170 Nm), the total market is less than the three phase ACV total market. But it is an essential segment for heavy duty electrics.
The focus industry markets for the MX single phase actuator will be commercial power and water/waste water. There are opportunities in Oil and Gas, mostly upstream and some mid-stream, but due to the O&G market reset the prospects are typically more long term than in previous years.
Features and Benefits
- Redundant absolute encoder with B.I.S.T. – never needs batteries
- Graphical dot-matrix display allows 180° rotation of text, diagnostic graphs and supports 11 languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Malay, Mandarin, Katakana, and Turkish.
- Torque ranges from 20 ft-lb (27 Nm). to 1700 ft-lb (2304 Nm)
- Double-sealed terminal block compartment prevents moisture ingress into controls enclosure.
- Available with arctic temperature to -76°F (-60°C) and solid-state starter options.
- Optional Bluetooth® wireless connectivity with a range up to 32.8 ft (10 m). When used with Limitorque Dashboard™ Windows®-based software, diagnostic information is easily transferred to a PDA, laptop computer or cell phone.
- SIL 2 and SIL 3 capable certification to IEC 61508 for standard MX and most every option.
Heavy Oil, Oil Sands and Shale, Molten Salt Transfer, Nuclear Charge, Petroleum Production and Refining, Sewage Collection and Treatment, Gas Production, Water Supply and Distribution (water), Boiler Circulation, Decoking, Desalination, Filtration, Tank Farm Transfer.