Service Technician - TN
Location: Chattanooga TN | Closing Date: 01-Dec-2018
Job Type: Full Time
401k with match, health insurance and paid vacation are offered as part of the compensation package
We are looking for an Valve Shop technician to join our customer service-oriented team in Chattanooga, TN. Candidates must be passionate, determined, trainable,
and uphold to a high standard of integrity. In addition, candidates must be able to travel overnight, from one or two nights up to six weeks at a time.
Chalmers and Kubeck South takes great pride in all of our work, and expects our employees to do the same. We are also dedicated to employee safety.
We offer competitive, full benefits and pay. If you are looking for a career, not just a job, you are looking in the right spot.
Corporate Vision Statement:
“We will be the leading provider of quality and innovative solutions for pressure and flow control equipment to a global market while ensuring corporate
integrity, employee safety, and customer loyalty.”
Technicians will perform the following tasks, but are not limited to: troubleshoot, inspect, install, and test actuators at specified locations. Install
and/or replace components per wiring diagram. Complete field service/job time worksheets and submit to Field Service Coordinator/Shop Supervisor upon
completion of field service/labor work. Applicants must have good mechanical aptitude. Chalmers and Kubeck South will provide on-the-job training for
qualified applicants. Mechanical and safety valve work history or experience is preferred, but not required.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma/GED required.
1. Must follow attendance and punctuality to company policy.
2. Must pass background check and drug test.
3. Travel is required for this position.
4. Must be able to receive and understand verbal and written technical instructions in English.
5. Safely function in an industrial setting where manufacturing conditions exist.
6. Ability to use overhead crane and/or hoist.
7. Ability to use appropriate gauges and measurements.
8. Must have the ability to use various mechanical tools.
9. Meet quality and productivity requirements.
10. Ability to follow lock out/tag out and other safety procedures.
11. Complete tasks in a timely, safe manner.
1. Ability and willingness to use the company designated personal protective equipment.
2. Visual ability to read directions, prints, and gauges.
3. This is a drug and tobacco free work place. Subject to random drug tests.
4. Some heavy lifting required.
1. Conform to policies and procedures as an employee.
2. Perform housekeeping duties as required.
3. Train, share information and knowledge with coworkers.
4. Ability to take on other temporary duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Duties are illustrative and not inclusive and may vary with individual assignments.
- Perform program changes, monitoring of PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) and PMS (Process Management Systems).
- Troubleshoot repairs of all Controls, Process Controllers, Control Cabinets, Power Supplies and all other field devices.
- Performs skilled and semi-skilled maintenance activities including performing material handling equipment troubleshooting and repair; office furniture moves and setups.
- Maintains building, equipment, shop and storage areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Completes work orders for work performed and includes parts and inventory used.
- Document all work order activities to comply with MP2 requirements, providing documented records of the activities performed.
- Follow lockout-tag out procedures, confined space procedures, and other safety and environmental procedures and policies as required.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing work in all operational and Facilities areas, depending upon the immediate needs of the department.