Field and Shop Technician
Location: Orlando FL | Closing Date: 01-Dec-2017
Job Type: Full Time
-Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
-Vacation and Personal Leave Time
Field technicians will perform the following tasks, but are not limited to: troubleshoot, inspect, install, and test actuators at specified locations. Install and/or replace components per wiring diagram. Complete field service/job time worksheets and submit to Field Service Coordinator upon completion of field service/labor work. Chalmers and Kubeck South will provide on-the-job training for qualified applicants, but mechanical and electrical work history or experience is required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3 year(s) industrial maintenance experience with PLC's, conveyors, controls, and Operating Systems.
- Electrical experience with high and low voltage, AC and DC.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Proven track record of strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Automatic Identification systems (Laser Scanning Devices).
- Knowledge of DOS, OS/2, C-Programming, Dbase, Auto-Cad, Windows, Windows NT, QNX and Unix systems.
- Experience in programming and monitoring Programmable Logic Controllers such as
(Allen/Bradley, Siemens etc.).
- Travel is required for this position.
- Must be able to receive and understand verbal and written technical instructions in English.
- Safely function in an industrial setting where manufacturing conditions exist.
- Ability to use overhead crane and/or hoist.
- Ability to use appropriate gauges and measurements.
- Must have the ability to use various mechanical tools.
- Ability to follow lock out/tag out and other safety procedures.
Duties are illustrative and not inclusive and may vary with individual assignments.
- Performs skilled and semi-skilled maintenance activities including performing material handling equipment troubleshooting and repair.
- Maintains building, equipment, shop and storage areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Completes work orders for work performed and includes parts and inventory used.
- Document all work order activities, providing documented records of the activities performed.
- Follow lockout-tag out procedures, confined space procedures, and other safety and environmental procedures and policies as required.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing work in all operational and Facilities areas, depending upon the immediate needs of the department.